- Add shock treatments during winter to avoid green water in Spring
- Open pools ‘early’ in Spring to make sure pools are in good condition
- Have your pool water tested by pool professional prior to opening and closings
- Check your pool during winter
- Keep the recommended water level in pool
- Shock your pool at night
- Use your cleaners at night
Welcome to National Pools Service Department. We have been servicing pools since 1977. Lee Vaughan is our Service Manager and will be glad to schedule any work you may need for your pool. We offer many services for in-ground pools. We do pool openings, closings, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly maintenance. We also do service repairs such as filter, pump and heater replacements, plumbing repairs, sand replacement, and installation of chlorinators, new salt generators and controllers to simplify your equipment operation. We service and renovate pools throughout SW Virginia including Bristol, Lynchburg, Danville, Charlottesville, Richmond, Harrisonburg and beyond. We also service and renovate pools in West Virginia.
Your swimming pool should be fun and something your family and friends enjoy.
So let National Pools help you get a good start for Spring by scheduling your Pool Opening today. Spring is a very busy time so schedule early. We recommend cleaning off decks and covers prior to our arrival. We recommend adding chemicals throughout the winter and prior to our arrival to ensure maximum service performance. What is done in a pool opening:
- Remove Pool Cover
- Start up Equipment (heater upon request)
- Brush wall and steps
- Vacuum Pool (only if water is clear when we arrive)
- Inspect and re-install deck equipment
- Add chemicals
- Circulate water 24-48 hours then bring us a water sample to balance water
Note: Customer needs to have water level ½ way into skimmer housing. Place hose under cover and fill. Also make sure dogs are put up, baskets are left out and gates/entry accessible.
We hope you and your family enjoyed your pool this summer. We recommend closing as late as possible since we have warm falls and winters. Prior to our closings, we recommend you bring us a water sample and balance your pool water prior to our arrival so the chemicals can circulate 24 – 48 hours before closing and have the pool clean to save extra service time. We encourage everyone during the winter to add chemicals to maintain clear water. You can pull back your cover and add liquids directly to water. This helps prevent green water and makes an easier opening. What is done at a closing:
- Winterize Equipment - pump, filter, heater, chlorinators,
- Blow out skimmer and return lines (vinyl and fiberglass pools only)
- Vacuum Pool (if not too many leaves)
- Remove deck equipment, if required
- Add Chemicals (may need additional chemicals during winter months)
- Install Pool Cover
- Vinyl and fiberglass pool Customers need to drain pool below returns prior to our arrival
- Customer needs to have covers left out at deck area
- Customer needs to have as many leaves out of pool as possible
- Indoor Below Grade Filter Rooms – Customer needs to maintain heat in room during winter freeze
- Make sure covers are left out, dogs are up and gates/entry is accessible.
During the Spring, Summer and Fall, National Pools offers to maintain pools on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis. If you go on vacation and need someone to watch your pool once a week, we can help assist you here also. Please call us to discuss your routine maintenance needs. On residential pools, we are here for you if you need us to perform the following service:
- Water chemistry checked and balanced
- Tile brushed
- Surface of the pool netted
- Pool vacuumed
- Walls and steps brushed
- Baskets emptied
- Equipment inspected
- Add Water while there
Most commercial pools need a full time/part time employee to perform the required maintenance on their pools They need a CPO (Certified Pool Operator) who can manage and test water daily. However, we will open/close commercial pools as well as take care of any repairs on an as needed basis. Request an Appointment
National Pools has a full warehouse of pool equipment and parts for your swimming pool because when a customer’s pool is down, they need it repaired immediately. Our local season is limited and time is of the essence. We hope to have all the parts you need. Please call Lee Vaughan, Service Manager, for any equipment replacements i.e. filter, heater, pump and chlorinator replacements, as well as plumbing and valve replacements. We can add a salt system and a total control system to maintain your pool water and many more new products. Just request service and we will get a quote to you as soon as possible.
Again, services we can help you with:
- Equipment Upgrades:
- Heaters ( Pentair, Laars, Lochinvar, Hayward )
- Pumps (Sta-Rite, Pentair, Jandy, Hayward)
- Filters (Sand, Cartridge, DE)
- Coping and Tile repair
- Pressure testing and plumbing repair
- Lights, automatic control systems, Compool, Pentair timer and control systems
- Saline systems- Pentair, Autopilot and Jandy
- Acid Cleaning of pool interiors
National Pools does extensive repair work on concrete swimming pools i.e. tile and coping replacement, re-plastering of pools, main drain and skimmer replacements, pressure testing of plumbing lines and modification of pool shapes. We can even make your deep swimming pool into a shallow one for more family fun. Just request a service call and we will get a quote to you as soon as possible.
Our Service Department has an extensively trained staff that have gone to many pool schools, manufacturer seminars and APSP training to give you professional knowledge of your swimming pool. If you are a new pool owner in need of some training to understand how your pool works, please call our Service Department to schedule an appointment. All swimming pools may have unique situations that require hands on evaluation of your individual pool. We also offer free water testing for your pool in our retail store. You may bring a water sample and we will analyze and give you a written report on how to maintain your pool.
Request an Appointment